Universal µC Control Plus
by Martin Clausen (mc AT rotgradpsi DOT de)
This circuit employs MCU to control up to eight voltages each device via knobs and LCD or RS232.
The device utilises LTC1655 to allow the user to control digital up to eight voltages. It can operate on its own or in connection with a computer. All commands from the PC are passed through. If the device receive a command with it own address, it will also set the voltage as required. All commands end with a line end character. This is normally CR.
- Standalone operation or operation with other controlling devices
- up to 255 devices cascadeable, also compatible with the whole control familiy
- Up to 8 independent outputs each device
- Values from 0 to 65536 selectable
- Timing ready for usage of optocouplers for galvanic separation (30µs delay between all signal changes)
- 16*2 LCD
- Equal steps while tuning value with rotary encoder
- Value reset button
- All commands from the computer pass through with a delay of only 29µs plus send time of one character, while no key is pressed
- 128 bytes buffer
- RS232 interface, 8 databits, no parity, one stopbit
- Supported baudrates: 115.2; 57.6; 38.4; 19.2; 9.6; 4.8; 2.4 and 1.2 kbps
- Line end character: CR; other possible, please send me a mail
- Prepared for Serial program version information system
- Program is freeware for non-commercial use.
Address, line end character and the number of outputs can be changed easily, just send me a mail with your demands.
Press sel during powerup to step through the program version information.
|MSB - LSB||Baudrate / kbps
Meaning of 1 and 0 in this table:
The baudrate jumper are read up on reset.
n ist the number of outputs
- 1 AT89C52 or AT89S52, 24MHz; see also programming tips
- 1 MAX232
- 1 16*2 LCD
- n LTC1655
- 1 1µF / 25V axial
- 6 10µF / 25V axial
- 2 33pF cer
- n+1 100nF cer
- 1 10k*8 / 9 pin sil array
- 1 10k trimmer
- 1 22.118MHz crystal
- 1 rotary encoder Bourns ECW1JB24AC24 or 2 additional buttons (for encR and encL)
- 6 buttons
- 2 sub-D socket, 9 pin
- 1 dip switch with 3 switches
- 1 case
- 1 pbc
- 1 some thin wire
- 1 socket 16 pin
- 1 socket 40 pin
- 1 loop back plug (9 pin plug with only pin 2 and 3 connected to each other) for the last controller in a chain only
The part description in schematics is read as follows:
part type + value in exponential form + package description + subpart number in package
for example: C1040805,1 means Capacitor, 100nF, package SMD 0805, first subpart in package
Disclaimer: No warranty at all!
Copyright by Martin Clausen, Germany.
Contact the author: mc AT rotgradpsi DOT de